Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Happy New Year & Polenta Discs

Happy New Year to you!  We've had some ridiculous amounts of snow here in Vancouver, British Columbia, which has made for some cozy nights at home with movies and noochy popcorn.  So far this week I've seen the Incredible Hulk, The Dark Knight, and a foreign film called Mongol.

With the coming of the new year I thought it would be a good time to make some changes to the color scheme of my blog and lighten it up a bit.  I hope you like the new look :)



Recently I bought a tube of organic polenta  and then forgot about it.  Well, actually I thought about it, but since it wasn't where I normally would keep it, I figured I never actually bought it.  That is, until I came across it yesterday when I was looking for something else.  Luckily it was a recent purchase and was nowhere near the expiry date.  It was a nice surprise, and I immediately knew what I wanted to make with it...Polenta Discs!

I sliced the polenta into little discs and then sauteed them in a bit of olive oil for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or when they start to turn golden brown.  Then I topped it with some Guaca-Salsa and accompanied it with marinated tofu.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, those polenta stacks look delicious!

Anonymous said...

I love your polenta discs! And holy snow, Batman! Geeze, stay warm!!

aTxVegn said...

I love the new look and I think those polenta snacks look amazing.